This page only contains main new features of LorikSoftware 5.0
The 5.0 release is compatible with Windows XP, 7, 8 et 8.1, 32 and 64 bits. A release candidate version is available to download from the Monday 23rd of September 2013. The final release will be available to download from mid-October 2013.
New database saving mode
When saving in a database it is no longer necessary to previously define the database model. New DIGEST tables are automatically created per family type (point, polygon, polyline) using the ID of the family as a name. This new internal storage mode also enables the creation, the management and the storage of extended attributes directly inside the database.
Extended attributes can be accessed and edited in the database using a management interface.
Extended attributes are now saved directly into LorikCartographer. They are stored in the DIGEST tables inside the database. Data can be easily read with a third-party program.
Extended attributes are also available when they are read with a third-party program.
LorikGISMapper can also create a LorikCartographer database. Data are directly transferred without using an intermediate graphic file.
GIS data import
This rule removes or modifies the associated types using three simplification methods:
- “loop”: loop either in thin air or linked to the network with only one point.
- “detour”: curves making an alternative path between two points, the smallest is preserved and the other are processed by the rule.
- “surimposed paths”: coincident curves (i.e curves with the same points) at a given tolerance, one is preserved the others are processed by the rule.
Cut with surfaces
This task enables to cut curves intersecting a polygon. These curves can be removed or their associated type can be modified as well as the associated type of the texts lying on these curves
Advanced Smoothing Parameters for Curves
This task symplifies bends in order to avoid overlapping effects due to the width of the associated curve types.
This task enables the orientation of symbols along a selection of curves. It acts on symbols on the edge of the curve or symbols exactly placed on the curves.
New flat text deposit mode
This new placement mode brings new parameters :
- Minimum distance to the associated symbol.
- Avoiding other texts (all, some associated to a selection of types or none).
Giving priority to a placement solution (position, transformation or distance).
Defining the search distance.
Texts should prefer to be placed inside a curve associated to a types selection.
Insert points at intersections
This task enables the creation of a point on crossing lines if these points do not exist.
Surface Removal or Type Modification
This task replaces the former “Surface removal” task with new options:
- Three criterions of selection: inferior to a given area, superior to a given area, between 2 given areas.
- Removal or layer / type modification.
This task is used to simplify polygons using three methods: smallest surrounding rectangle, surronding convex polygon, our own method (the same used in the surface aggregation task).
New function for tracking object
The comment panel displays for each object its origin and all the rules which have processed this object.
New “Testing” menu which contains the following items:
- Deactivate as a whole contour lines creation.
- Deactivate as a whole spot elevation creation.
- Add process information to entities.
- Rules reporting (removed from the “Manage” menu).
- Recent transfers reports (removed from the “Display” menu).
- Transfers analysis (removed from the “Manage” menu).
- New DGN V8 reader using the OKA SDK (Teigha – on request).
- New option for the “text placement at a surface center” task which enables to automatically fit the size of the text to the area.
- New option for the flat text placement. You can now force the placement on several lines using a defined character.
- New option for the flat text placement. You can now define a second pass for trying to place text which have not been placed because they were intersecting one of the types to be avoided, by removing the avoidance criterion (“Texts should avoid selection” option).
- New option for the flat text placement. You can now define a list of symbol types to be avoided when placing the texts.
- Adding the capability to create fields with an “angle” type using the variables arrangement (composite fields) in the GISLink transfers.
- When placing texts on curve, if no theorical solution has been found and according to the rule options, the program can force the placement of a text at the middle of the curve and applies all modifications defined for a text which overlaps (moving in the trash componenet or creation of a flat text).
- “Text on curve placement” task: adding an option to test the length of the curve. This enables to define various behaviors taking into account the length of the curve.
- “Curve type modification by length” task: adding an option to choose if the type is modified when the value of the curve length is “inside” or “outside” the gap defined by the maximum and minimum value.
- “Surface treatment according to included symbols and texts” task. Adding an option to take into account or not the holes. Adding an option to modify the type of the polygon if there is a flat text included.
- “Cut Curves at Crossings” task. Adding an option to adjust the position of all points of a crossing node.
- “Link Curves” task. Adding an option to consider all selected curves as a network in order to not link at a node.
- It is now easier to interrupt a transfer when time-consuming tasks are in process.
- The rules report now displays the connection between keys when a conditional association has been defined for these keys:
- New XML format for writing batchs.
- Views and dataset visibility can now be activated with an option in the batch files. This enables to generate several exports from a same LorikPublisher or LorikDigital file.
- New batch option to ignore the unavailability of data sources.
- Adding the definition of the resolution in the export batch for LorikPublisher.
- Adding the graphical template loading in the batch for creating a page from a LorikPublisher model.
- New function to convert a flat text into a text on curve. This function is available in the “Text” menu or in the contextual menu. This function places a selected text on a selected curve.
- New option for the text search tool. When the text is found, it is selected and the text tool becomes active if the context allows it.
- New option for the snapping function which enables the creation of a point on the target curve.
- The value of the altitude is also indicated in the comment, when placing a spot height
- The “Curves/Remove tangents” function has been modified in order to act on a selection of points or segments instead the whole curve.
- New menu (Objects/Apply type associated component) which enables to send a selection of objects in the layer/component defined in the associated type.
Digital elevation model
- Adding the Erdas MNT format (img)
- New color option ‘RGB’ or ‘CMYK’ when exporting vector tiles in PDF or EPS formats.
- The LKD format (iOS export) now includes background images.
- New option for the text frame which allows to define round corners.
- Adding the end caps and angles buttons in the standard curves management panel.
- Modification of a set of types. Adding a contextual menu wich enables to select all (family or types from a family), to unfold or refold, to (un)mask/(un)lock the selection and to change the associated layer-component of the selection (family or type) for the curve, text and symbol types and to move types from a family to another one (all types).
- The masking of symbols from a pattern intersecting the limit is more accurate.
- Gradient colors are now integrated in the fast displaying mode.
- New option which enables to add the “ISBN” code to the barcode.
- New layout object to automatically adapt a text variable into a defined bounding box (switch automatically on two lines and/or alternate font).
- Adding an option to reload variables from the origin extraction.
- Adding an option when exporting a PDF vector file with layer. You can now choose for each PDF layer if it includes or not the background images.
- Adding a preference to export a PDF raster file with banding if the size of the umcompressed image is superior to a defined value.
- New option for the grids drawing which removes crosses close to the border of the map.
- The programs now support the modification of the default police size of Windows in the panels.
- The background images management panel has two new buttons for loading georeferenced images or WMS and ECWP streams. The corresponding menus have been removed.
- Update of the list of projections with the integration of the proj4 library 4.8. The list of the projections is now sorted with more details. A search field enables the selection of a projection using its EPSG number.
- The grid is now locked on an associated georeferencing. When the georeferencing is modified, the grid is also modified.
- Georeferencing information is now saved in Geotiff and Geospatial PDF files which use a non-EPSG projection.
This page only contains main new features of LorikSoftware 4.0
- Programs from the 4.0 release are now available in 32 bits and 64 bits native version. 64 bits versions can use a larger amount of memory. It enables the processing of larger data volumes.
- A new preference can activate the multi-threading option for LorikGISMapper and LorikDigital (direct transfers) i.e. to divide up the computation of large data volumes among several processors or several cores of a same processor.
- The 4.0 release also brings a new organization of the range of programs. LorikGISPublisher and LorikGISDigital are no longer available and become options of LorikPublisher and LorikDigital. Important features are now available as options. For more details on these options please refer our website (http://www.lorienne.com) or please contact our sales department.
Digital Terrain Models
- Available formats for reading: asc, adf, xyz, tif, mnt, dt0, dt1, dt2, txt.
- Reading of Digital Elevation Models and Digital Data Model.
- Contour lines creation with options to set apart master lines and intermediate lines. In LorikCartographer contour lines are created and their altitude value is stored in the comment for an interactive placement. With LorikGISMapper labels are automatically placed on the lines in the slope direction or the reading direction.
- Automatic creation of spots elevation with a maximum density and minimum altitude value.
- Creation of hill-shading georeferenced raster files to highlight the slope, the altitude or both elements at the same time. Digital Data Models can be displayed using the third value for color variations.
- A set of numerous computation and color options makes the most of DTM for various uses.
- Gradient colors. These colors are defined in the graphical template panel and are handled like named colors. They can be used to fill an area or by linear objects. Three modes are available: radial, linear and shape.
- New option for text on curve and flat text on curve to automatically hide the supporting curve. Three options are available: hiding the supporting curve itself, all curves of the same type or all curves of the same family. This option proves particularly useful for contour line labels for instance
- An option enables to fit the frame of a text to the characters themselves.
- When a type cannot be removed When cleaning the graphical template a report shows the reason: used In the graphical template or In the drawing.
- Automatic masking of cut symbols in patterns. Symbols cut by the edge of an area associated to a pattern type can be automatically hidden (with a possible margin). Moreover if all symbols are cut an option can force the placement of a unique symbol at the center of the area.
- Local selection of symbols inside a pattern or a symbol on curve type has been modified. You now have to first select the curve and click on the symbol using the [Ctrl] key from the keyboard.
Layers and components
- Layers and views panels have been merged.
- It is now possible to create groups of components for a better readability and an easier management.
- The “Apply to the component” button has been added in the Layer panel.
- Views can now be exported and read again with the XML format.
- New interface for importing images with WMS requests. using XML files is still possible.
- Adding the images reading through ECWP servers (streaming).
- Images can be saved using relative paths.
- New option to modify the contrast of an image.
- RGB 48bits format is now supported when importing ECW or Jpeg2000 files.
- New option to define a color (RGB values) as transparent is now Available for ECW or Jpeg200 images.
- New snapping option for the drawing mode. Points hold on to the closest point or curve when pressing the [s] key from the keyboard. Options enable the definition of restrictions to curves associated to the same type or types from the same family and to the curves placed in the same component or in the same layer.
- New function for cutting curves. Curves are cut at crossings using the selection or a selected curve is cut when crossing all other curves (in this case it uses the same restrictions as the ones used for the snapping option).
- New selection tool for connected curves. It enables the selection of a set of connected curves (i.e. curves with coincident extremity points) between two selected segments when pressing the [n] key from the keyboard. The shortest path is preferred.
- Labels of the named points can be displayed on the screen.
- The drawing direction can be displayed when selecting curves.
- Enhancing the offset function. It is now possible to create an area from opened curves. In the case of closed curves it is possible to use the original curve as a hole for the created curve.
- New fields in the database storage. “ORIENTATION” stores the rotation value for flat texts and symbols. “USER_COMMENT” stores the content of the comment.
- New behavior for the conflict manager when working on the result of a LorikGISMapper transfer. This panel brings option to display and manage various conflicts: texts and symbols overlapping, unreadable texts or missing names.
- New formats: PostNAS, Xplane, FlightGear, Openair, AeronavFAA, EDIGEO, GeoJSON, GeoRSS, GML, HTF, Idrisi, UK. NTF, VFK.
- Adding the new 1.9 version of the GDAL library.
- The result of a test transfer can be entirely removed when running a new test transfer.
- The GIS viewer can now read list of files.
- A transfer zone can be created from a selection of several curves. In this case it takes into account the bounding rectangle of the selection.
- Creation of contour lines from DTM files.
- Creation of spots elevation from DTM files.
- New “Transfer options” panel which contains parameters for contour lines, spots elevation and house numbers.
- “Multi-threading” option for the creation of LorikCartographer files. It offers a significant time saving when transferring large data volumes.
- Flat text placement: a new option enables the placement of texts processed by a task before or after the text on curve.
- “Flat text on surface processing” and “Curve text on surface processing ” tasks can now use a placement priority.
- The result of “Text conversion” and “Text transformation by regular expression” tasks can now be used by the “alternate text” key. This key is used by text placement tasks. It enables the automatic creation of shortened version of the texts. For instance “Geraldine Mary Harmsworth Park” can be changed into “G. M. Harmsworth Park”.
- New options in the text placement tasks: using the tracking variation between letters.
- New option for the “Symbol spreading” task: adding a priority between symbols.
- New task: “Free extremities handling”. It enables the removal all segments with a free extremity in order to simplify a network. This task is used when changing the scale for instance.
- New task: “Cut curves at crossings”. It enables to fix a network cutting all curves when crossing other ones.
- New task: “Symbol and text on surfaces center creation”. It enables to replace areas by a symbol and/or a text according to its surface.
- The graphical template of an extraction dataset can be synchronized with the one from the reference file (one shot operation or permanently)
- A color can be defined for every dataset for wireframe display in order to better distinguish various elements from a layout.
- Adding a simplified page creation mode starting from an extraction. It enables the creation of a layout with an automatic computation of the page size or using the smallest standard page format as possible.
- The conflict manager is now available for GIS extraction and GIS update datasets.
- The export menu has been simplified.
- CMYK PDF export can use an ICC profile.
- Vector and raster color export files can be created with CMYK or RGB colors.
- Index export files now retrieve the deposit angle of flat texts and symbols.
- Adding the Geotiff RGBA (RGB files with transparency) export
- New batch options: definition of the zone to be exported and name definition for the CMYK combination file.
- The graphical template of an extraction dataset can be synchronized with the one from the reference file (one shot operation or permanently)
- It is now possible to export world files for PNG and Jpeg formats (PGW and JGW).
- Adding a resolution tag for the PNG export.
- Adding the 2.11 OpenLayer version
- Adding the “Multi-threading” option available when creating tiles directly from GIS data. It offers significant time saving.
- Enhancing the LKD vector export format (for mobile applications) with the addition of the support of several graphical attributes.
This page only contains main new features of LorikSoftware 3.0
The interface of all programs has been redesigned for a better compatibility and integration with the last releases of Windows and also to bring a better user-friendliness. Panels now display refined information with a better accessibility. The entire icons set has been homogenized to offer more coherence. The global ergonomics of programs remains unchanged except for the following points which have been changed for a better interactivity:
- The graphical template management needs four times less clicks.
- Types display using the alphabetical or priority order.
- The left-hand part of the panel now displays all the attributes of the selected type with direct modification validated in one operation.
- Multiple selection of types in the display tree.
- Types removal by families or multiple selection.
- Family renaming.
- New options to orientate hatching, screening and pattern using the main axis of a surface.
It is now possible to directly modify the insertion point of a symbol without opening additional panels. A new option has been added to replace the content of a symbol in one operation.
- Definition of extended attributes in the graphical template interface when a family is selected.
- LorikGISMapper and LorikCartographer now use the same interface for creating and managing extended attributes.
- Fill an extended attribute with the content of the comment.
- Option to replace sources.
- Adding the use of non-numerical ID (for the Excel format for instance).
- Redesign of the interface for a better user-friendliness.
- The main toolbar has been modified to feature the most used tools. It also includes new tools (see below).
- You can still explode the various toolbars to personalize your interface.
- Selection: objects selection enhancement. The use of the [Tab] key enables the selection of close objects when several objects are overlapping or very close
- Improvement of the extractions generation using curve types: automatic naming.
- New variable type taking into account the content of variables from extractions placed on the left, on the top, etc (useful for sheet index generation for example). The content of theses variables is filled when the extraction is imported in LorikPublisher or GISPublisher.
- Automatic numbering of extractions. This function uses lines and columns or absolute numbering to automatically fill a variable.
- Automatic renaming of extractions using a numbering.
- Extraction names can now be displayed on the screen.
New tool for creating mask for vector groups
- Variation of the interline between two lines of text taking into account the increasing / reduction of the font size.
- New options to define in the same text type an interline for flat text and another interline for text on curve.
- New text object: flat text along a curve. The insertion point of a “flat text on curve” is permanently computed on a supporting curve with orientation or not. This new object is available as an interactive object and when importing spatial data.
- Interactive function for modifying spacing between words from a same text using the mouse dragging.
- WMS reading enhancement: georeferenced loading.
- Adding the IMG, JGW and PGW formats.
- Creation of a TFW file when saving a distorted image.
- Replacing a background image from the Inspector panel.
- Definition of a priority for placed images (Superior or Inferior).
Multiple users files
- Display of extraction names in the login panel of multiple users files and in the files.
- Multiple users files opening using extraction limits.
- Multiple users files opening using kilometric or geographic coordinates.
New “Parameters” menu
- Text placement mode (V2 or V3).
- Extended attributes definition mode (internal or database).
- Options for the placement of house numbers (which were previously defined in a ToolBox task).
- The GIS viewer is now a separated window. It can be directly opened from the lauching panel. A viewer session (files and filters) can also be saved in a file (lgv format).
- A request can now be displayed in the GIS viewer from a GIS transfer from the main window of the program.
- New option to automatically create conditional associations from an attribute containing several possible values.
- This option creates one association for every single selected value or an association gathering all selected values.
- Activation / deactivation of GISLink rules inside a same transfer. This new option allows you to quickly test the various rules within a same transfer in a faster and more effective way.
- Optimization of the conditions writing in GISLink rules. Less parenthesis are added for a better readability.
- New GISLink key which enables the definition of objects grouping for some ToolBox tasks (Curve linking and merging and the creation of perimeter curves).
- Adding the “Transparent” and “Saturation” parameters in the TIFF HANDLER object.
- Optimization of the keys/values reading which automatically retrieves the possible distinct values.
- Adding the capability to define files to be transferred with a text file containing the list of the files to be used.
- Enhancement of the “Create Surface Border” task: filtering of curves using the text, the type or both.
- Reduction of the number of temporary files.
- Enhancement of the simultaneous placement of texts and symbols.
- House numbers are now retrieved when the curves have been processed by a “Merge curve” task.
Text on curve placement
- The algorithm has been redesigned with new placement parameters. This new text on curve placement increases in a significant way the number of placed texts while enhancing the readability and the legibility of the map.
- Reducing the number of text repetitions with a better distribution on long curves.
- Harmonization of spacing and gaps between texts.
- Several size reductions authorized.
- Text placement before the beginning of the curves.
- This new text placement mode is separated from the previous one. The old text placement remains available to enable a smooth transition from the release 2 to the release 3.
New task for simplifying curves
- This new task brings the capability to use two various algorithms to simplify curves (point removal or Douglas-Peucker).
New task for aggregating “flat texts”
Placement of one-way symbols
- Maximum size reduction (%).
- Option to use the central point of the symbol instead of the insertion point.
- Option to use a file containing a list of match/replace couples.
Text on surface placement
- The algorithm has been redesigned with an optimization of processing times. New parameters have been added to obtain a better ratio between the surface and the number of texts to be placed. A new option to orientate flat texts inside the surface and a new option to place at least one text have been also added.
- New task: Flat text on Surface processing
- New task: Curve text on Surface processing
- These two new tasks are based on the old one “Text on Surface Processing” which remains available. They contain the standard text placement parameters to avoid the creation of “text on curve placement” and “flat text placement” additional rules. The use of external text placement rules remains possible.
New task for placing text on contour lines
- This task automatically places texts (flat text or flat text on curve) on contour lines. The direction of the slope is automatically computed by retrieving the values associated with the curves.
- Options enable the modification of the curve type and the placement of texts using a modulo value (every 50 meters for example).
- New design of the interface for creating GISLink rules.
- Harmonization of the behaviour of panels for creating GIS transfers and GIS rules.
- ToolBox tasks have been modified for more user-friendliness: interweaving and masking of dependent parameters, empty or invalid requested parameters are displayed in red.
LorikPublisher / LorikGISPublisher
Vector data re-projection (LorikGISPublisher)
- This option is available only with LorikGISPublisher. It converts vector data from one georeferencing system to another one. It creates a new page which contains an overlay dataset where re-projected date are placed.
Management of text cut on extraction limits.
- Adding new functions for managing text cut on extraction limits to make the finalization of pages easier. These functions are available for the extraction datasets.
- Flat text on extraction limits can be automatically moved.
- Text on curve on extraction limits and Flat text which have not been moved are now copied and pasted in an overlay dataset for an easier handling.
- Copied and moved texts are automatically hidden in their original dataset.
Extraction north orientation
- This new function enables the re-orientation to the geographic north of an extraction inside a page. The extraction is orientated from its geographic centre.
Document model for PDF export
- You can now use extended attributes to generate a PDF document model.
Grids and indexes
- New option for grids drawing: use of the exact limit of the extraction (not the bounding rectangle).
- The drawing of a re-projected grid can now use all the drawing options (and not only crosses and tick marks).
- Adding the local numbering of grid.
- New options to generate indexes:
- Use of the coordinates of the first and the last letter of a text.
- Use the insertion point of a flat text instead of the index marker.
LorikDigital / LorikGISDigital
New vector format
- This new proprietary format enables the export of vector data for online applications. A SDK suitable for iPhone and iPad application is also available. For example, this new format enables the modification on the fly of the template, to display various layers of information, etc.
Lorienne worldwide software and service operations address all map designers willing to reach the highest standard of quality with a strong productivity motivation for better investment protection.
14 Rue de la Beaune
93100 Montreuil - FRANCE
+33 (0)1 48 51 12 12