This page only contains main new features of LorikSoftware 5.0
The 5.0 release is compatible with Windows XP, 7, 8 et 8.1, 32 and 64 bits. A release candidate version is available to download from the Monday 23rd of September 2013. The final release will be available to download from mid-October 2013.
New database saving mode
When saving in a database it is no longer necessary to previously define the database model. New DIGEST tables are automatically created per family type (point, polygon, polyline) using the ID of the family as a name. This new internal storage mode also enables the creation, the management and the storage of extended attributes directly inside the database.
Extended attributes can be accessed and edited in the database using a management interface.
Extended attributes are now saved directly into LorikCartographer. They are stored in the DIGEST tables inside the database. Data can be easily read with a third-party program.
Extended attributes are also available when they are read with a third-party program.
LorikGISMapper can also create a LorikCartographer database. Data are directly transferred without using an intermediate graphic file.
GIS data import
This rule removes or modifies the associated types using three simplification methods:
- “loop”: loop either in thin air or linked to the network with only one point.
- “detour”: curves making an alternative path between two points, the smallest is preserved and the other are processed by the rule.
- “surimposed paths”: coincident curves (i.e curves with the same points) at a given tolerance, one is preserved the others are processed by the rule.
Cut with surfaces
This task enables to cut curves intersecting a polygon. These curves can be removed or their associated type can be modified as well as the associated type of the texts lying on these curves
Advanced Smoothing Parameters for Curves
This task symplifies bends in order to avoid overlapping effects due to the width of the associated curve types.
This task enables the orientation of symbols along a selection of curves. It acts on symbols on the edge of the curve or symbols exactly placed on the curves.
New flat text deposit mode
This new placement mode brings new parameters :
- Minimum distance to the associated symbol.
- Avoiding other texts (all, some associated to a selection of types or none).
Giving priority to a placement solution (position, transformation or distance).
Defining the search distance.
Texts should prefer to be placed inside a curve associated to a types selection.
Insert points at intersections
This task enables the creation of a point on crossing lines if these points do not exist.
Surface Removal or Type Modification
This task replaces the former “Surface removal” task with new options:
- Three criterions of selection: inferior to a given area, superior to a given area, between 2 given areas.
- Removal or layer / type modification.
This task is used to simplify polygons using three methods: smallest surrounding rectangle, surronding convex polygon, our own method (the same used in the surface aggregation task).
New function for tracking object
The comment panel displays for each object its origin and all the rules which have processed this object.
New “Testing” menu which contains the following items:
- Deactivate as a whole contour lines creation.
- Deactivate as a whole spot elevation creation.
- Add process information to entities.
- Rules reporting (removed from the “Manage” menu).
- Recent transfers reports (removed from the “Display” menu).
- Transfers analysis (removed from the “Manage” menu).
- New DGN V8 reader using the OKA SDK (Teigha – on request).
- New option for the “text placement at a surface center” task which enables to automatically fit the size of the text to the area.
- New option for the flat text placement. You can now force the placement on several lines using a defined character.
- New option for the flat text placement. You can now define a second pass for trying to place text which have not been placed because they were intersecting one of the types to be avoided, by removing the avoidance criterion (“Texts should avoid selection” option).
- New option for the flat text placement. You can now define a list of symbol types to be avoided when placing the texts.
- Adding the capability to create fields with an “angle” type using the variables arrangement (composite fields) in the GISLink transfers.
- When placing texts on curve, if no theorical solution has been found and according to the rule options, the program can force the placement of a text at the middle of the curve and applies all modifications defined for a text which overlaps (moving in the trash componenet or creation of a flat text).
- “Text on curve placement” task: adding an option to test the length of the curve. This enables to define various behaviors taking into account the length of the curve.
- “Curve type modification by length” task: adding an option to choose if the type is modified when the value of the curve length is “inside” or “outside” the gap defined by the maximum and minimum value.
- “Surface treatment according to included symbols and texts” task. Adding an option to take into account or not the holes. Adding an option to modify the type of the polygon if there is a flat text included.
- “Cut Curves at Crossings” task. Adding an option to adjust the position of all points of a crossing node.
- “Link Curves” task. Adding an option to consider all selected curves as a network in order to not link at a node.
- It is now easier to interrupt a transfer when time-consuming tasks are in process.
- The rules report now displays the connection between keys when a conditional association has been defined for these keys:
- New XML format for writing batchs.
- Views and dataset visibility can now be activated with an option in the batch files. This enables to generate several exports from a same LorikPublisher or LorikDigital file.
- New batch option to ignore the unavailability of data sources.
- Adding the definition of the resolution in the export batch for LorikPublisher.
- Adding the graphical template loading in the batch for creating a page from a LorikPublisher model.
- New function to convert a flat text into a text on curve. This function is available in the “Text” menu or in the contextual menu. This function places a selected text on a selected curve.
- New option for the text search tool. When the text is found, it is selected and the text tool becomes active if the context allows it.
- New option for the snapping function which enables the creation of a point on the target curve.
- The value of the altitude is also indicated in the comment, when placing a spot height
- The “Curves/Remove tangents” function has been modified in order to act on a selection of points or segments instead the whole curve.
- New menu (Objects/Apply type associated component) which enables to send a selection of objects in the layer/component defined in the associated type.
Digital elevation model
- Adding the Erdas MNT format (img)
- New color option ‘RGB’ or ‘CMYK’ when exporting vector tiles in PDF or EPS formats.
- The LKD format (iOS export) now includes background images.
- New option for the text frame which allows to define round corners.
- Adding the end caps and angles buttons in the standard curves management panel.
- Modification of a set of types. Adding a contextual menu wich enables to select all (family or types from a family), to unfold or refold, to (un)mask/(un)lock the selection and to change the associated layer-component of the selection (family or type) for the curve, text and symbol types and to move types from a family to another one (all types).
- The masking of symbols from a pattern intersecting the limit is more accurate.
- Gradient colors are now integrated in the fast displaying mode.
- New option which enables to add the “ISBN” code to the barcode.
- New layout object to automatically adapt a text variable into a defined bounding box (switch automatically on two lines and/or alternate font).
- Adding an option to reload variables from the origin extraction.
- Adding an option when exporting a PDF vector file with layer. You can now choose for each PDF layer if it includes or not the background images.
- Adding a preference to export a PDF raster file with banding if the size of the umcompressed image is superior to a defined value.
- New option for the grids drawing which removes crosses close to the border of the map.
- The programs now support the modification of the default police size of Windows in the panels.
- The background images management panel has two new buttons for loading georeferenced images or WMS and ECWP streams. The corresponding menus have been removed.
- Update of the list of projections with the integration of the proj4 library 4.8. The list of the projections is now sorted with more details. A search field enables the selection of a projection using its EPSG number.
- The grid is now locked on an associated georeferencing. When the georeferencing is modified, the grid is also modified.
- Georeferencing information is now saved in Geotiff and Geospatial PDF files which use a non-EPSG projection.