This page only contains main new features of LorikSoftware 6.0
The 6.0 release is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10, 32 and 64 bits (Windows XP is no longer compatible). A release candidate version will be available to download from end of November 2015. The final release will be available to download from begining of 2016.
LorikDBPublishing is dedicated to the production of cartographic databases from high volume GIS data sources while offering a production management best suitable for national geographic agencies and major map producers. The data are managed according to a geographic zoning to enable the management of the map production according to the modification of the data sources. Fully customizable, LorikDBPublishing is compatible with all types of maps to guaranty a comprehensive compatibility with most advanced printing and newest publication systems including Internet and Mobile. This new range includes two new products: LorikDBManager and LorikDBCartographer.
LorikDBManager imports GIS data sources a into a seamless cartographic database. It organizes and manages the production and the update of this database taking into account the evolution of the original data sources with advanced features such as automatic text placement or cartographic generalization.
- Windows 10 compatibility
- Updating the Proj 4 library (680 new projections / 30 projections switched to “deprecated” mode)
- Database saving is now compatible with Oracle 12 version
- Adding a new behavior for pattern types: defining one symbol centered in the area.
- Adding a new behavior for “Symbol on Curve” types: defining one symbol centered on a curve:
- Adding a “mouse tail” effect on curve extremities. This is a new attribute that can be applied only on one extremity (Interactive and automatic functions are available to apply this effect on existing files):
- New attribute for text types for fitting the frame to the text content.
- New attribute for text types for adding a transparent shadow on letters or on the frame.
- New interactive tools for modifying closed curves: cut, intersection, merge and split.
- Graphical management for connected extremities. Adding a new option that graphically close junctions without linking segments (Interactive and automatic functions are available to apply this effect on existing files):
- Loading background images with a list with direct association to an ink
- Adding the “Contrast global variation” in the background image management panel. This parameter modifies all background images in a file. It comes in addition to the contrast variation defined for each image.
- New function for importing georeferenced placed images. We use the georeferencing information to place the image in the workplane (like a background image). It allows for instance to place images in the layer/component of your choice.
- The “Display placed images in film mode” preference has been removed. You can now associate a placed image to the CMYK and when a placed image is associated to the CMYK it is displayed in film mode. Placed images are now associated to the CMYK by default.
- Updating ECW reader (v 5.2.1)
- Adding the database connection manager. It gives the capability to save the connection parameters for various databases:
- Adding a color picker tool for retrieving screen color in the color panel:
- Creating raster files from a DEM: you can now define a mosaic for generating a set of tiles instead of a unique file.
- Improving DEM use: adding two smoothing modes (standard and Gauss) to solve problems when processing low slopes or flat areas.
- Extended attributes: adding the text on curve concatenation for the text attribute when saving in a database with the internal storage mode.
- PostgreSQL format: data can now be saved in another schema than the public one.
- The method for switching a file into the multi-users mode has been modified.
- LorikCartographer databases can now be automatically updated when they are opened with a new release.
- Improving batch: adding the capability to define several exports of the same type inside the same batch.
- A dataset can be defined as transparent with all other datasets.
- You can now define the index export in the batch file.
- New tool for drawing or invalidating partial validation area in the GIS update window.
- New interface: GISLink and Toolbox toolbars are no longer toolbars and are placed as trees on the left-hand part of the main windows. It frees more space and the size modification of these windows is much easier. The transfer bar has been simplified and is now placed on the top of the main windows. Adding a Transfer menu that gathers all functions in relation to the transfer operations and includes the old Test menu. You can also sort out GISLink transfers and Toolbox tasks into groups for a better visualization and management of the project.
- GISViewer: new panel to browse the content of loaded data sources:
- In the “GIS transfer option” menu you can now define a default encoding and geometric transformation. These values are applied when creating a new GIS transfer.
- Adding the choice of the schema in the PostgreSQL connection panel.
- When you modify types or layers in a LorikGISMapper project these modifications are automatically applied in the GISLink and Toolbox rules. For example if you modify the name of a type this name is automatically modified in all rules that are using this type.
- When modifying the scale of the georeferencing, transfer areas are automatically recomputed.
- Transfers in “multi-thread” mode have been significantly speeded up.
- New reader: GDB ESRI (file GDB), OSM xml and pbf
- New operators for conditions for testing if the value of a text attribute is different from a string or if this value is equal or included in a string without checking the character case.
- Text fields that contain only numerical values are now automatically converted in numerical field. This allows to use computation operators for creating conditions or composite fields.
New Toolbox task:
- Modification of the type of a curve when this curve is connected to one or two curves associated to another type.
- “Join Extremities” to automatically create a line between two segments or join two extremities using a tolerance.
- “Text combination” to concatenate up to three text field in order to get one single string.
- “Surface tiling” to automatically divide large areas into small tiles. It improves data process, display and export.
- New Toolbox task: Duplicated objects removal (curves, symbols and flat text)
- New Toolbox task: Remove symbols not included in surfaces.
- Text placement rules: using an attribute for ranking texts to be placed. This improvement uses the value of an attribute (for instance the population, the area, etc.) in order to give a rank to texts when they are automatically placed.
- Flat text on curve placement: adding an option for removing the supporting curves when these texts are placed as a flat text.
- “Cut with surface” Toolbox task: adding a new choice “Do nothing” for external or internal parts.
- “Merge Curve”: new option in order to avoid curves merging on themselves.
- LorikGISMapper also includes a lot improvements for reducing the computation time. These improvements have been brought to almost all functions.