This page only contains main new features of LorikSoftware 3.0
The interface of all programs has been redesigned for a better compatibility and integration with the last releases of Windows and also to bring a better user-friendliness. Panels now display refined information with a better accessibility. The entire icons set has been homogenized to offer more coherence. The global ergonomics of programs remains unchanged except for the following points which have been changed for a better interactivity:
- The graphical template management needs four times less clicks.
- Types display using the alphabetical or priority order.
- The left-hand part of the panel now displays all the attributes of the selected type with direct modification validated in one operation.
- Multiple selection of types in the display tree.
- Types removal by families or multiple selection.
- Family renaming.
- New options to orientate hatching, screening and pattern using the main axis of a surface.
It is now possible to directly modify the insertion point of a symbol without opening additional panels. A new option has been added to replace the content of a symbol in one operation.
- Definition of extended attributes in the graphical template interface when a family is selected.
- LorikGISMapper and LorikCartographer now use the same interface for creating and managing extended attributes.
- Fill an extended attribute with the content of the comment.
- Option to replace sources.
- Adding the use of non-numerical ID (for the Excel format for instance).
- Redesign of the interface for a better user-friendliness.
- The main toolbar has been modified to feature the most used tools. It also includes new tools (see below).
- You can still explode the various toolbars to personalize your interface.
- Selection: objects selection enhancement. The use of the [Tab] key enables the selection of close objects when several objects are overlapping or very close
- Improvement of the extractions generation using curve types: automatic naming.
- New variable type taking into account the content of variables from extractions placed on the left, on the top, etc (useful for sheet index generation for example). The content of theses variables is filled when the extraction is imported in LorikPublisher or GISPublisher.
- Automatic numbering of extractions. This function uses lines and columns or absolute numbering to automatically fill a variable.
- Automatic renaming of extractions using a numbering.
- Extraction names can now be displayed on the screen.
New tool for creating mask for vector groups
- Variation of the interline between two lines of text taking into account the increasing / reduction of the font size.
- New options to define in the same text type an interline for flat text and another interline for text on curve.
- New text object: flat text along a curve. The insertion point of a “flat text on curve” is permanently computed on a supporting curve with orientation or not. This new object is available as an interactive object and when importing spatial data.
- Interactive function for modifying spacing between words from a same text using the mouse dragging.
- WMS reading enhancement: georeferenced loading.
- Adding the IMG, JGW and PGW formats.
- Creation of a TFW file when saving a distorted image.
- Replacing a background image from the Inspector panel.
- Definition of a priority for placed images (Superior or Inferior).
Multiple users files
- Display of extraction names in the login panel of multiple users files and in the files.
- Multiple users files opening using extraction limits.
- Multiple users files opening using kilometric or geographic coordinates.
New “Parameters” menu
- Text placement mode (V2 or V3).
- Extended attributes definition mode (internal or database).
- Options for the placement of house numbers (which were previously defined in a ToolBox task).
- The GIS viewer is now a separated window. It can be directly opened from the lauching panel. A viewer session (files and filters) can also be saved in a file (lgv format).
- A request can now be displayed in the GIS viewer from a GIS transfer from the main window of the program.
- New option to automatically create conditional associations from an attribute containing several possible values.
- This option creates one association for every single selected value or an association gathering all selected values.
- Activation / deactivation of GISLink rules inside a same transfer. This new option allows you to quickly test the various rules within a same transfer in a faster and more effective way.
- Optimization of the conditions writing in GISLink rules. Less parenthesis are added for a better readability.
- New GISLink key which enables the definition of objects grouping for some ToolBox tasks (Curve linking and merging and the creation of perimeter curves).
- Adding the “Transparent” and “Saturation” parameters in the TIFF HANDLER object.
- Optimization of the keys/values reading which automatically retrieves the possible distinct values.
- Adding the capability to define files to be transferred with a text file containing the list of the files to be used.
- Enhancement of the “Create Surface Border” task: filtering of curves using the text, the type or both.
- Reduction of the number of temporary files.
- Enhancement of the simultaneous placement of texts and symbols.
- House numbers are now retrieved when the curves have been processed by a “Merge curve” task.
Text on curve placement
- The algorithm has been redesigned with new placement parameters. This new text on curve placement increases in a significant way the number of placed texts while enhancing the readability and the legibility of the map.
- Reducing the number of text repetitions with a better distribution on long curves.
- Harmonization of spacing and gaps between texts.
- Several size reductions authorized.
- Text placement before the beginning of the curves.
- This new text placement mode is separated from the previous one. The old text placement remains available to enable a smooth transition from the release 2 to the release 3.
New task for simplifying curves
- This new task brings the capability to use two various algorithms to simplify curves (point removal or Douglas-Peucker).
New task for aggregating “flat texts”
Placement of one-way symbols
- Maximum size reduction (%).
- Option to use the central point of the symbol instead of the insertion point.
- Option to use a file containing a list of match/replace couples.
Text on surface placement
- The algorithm has been redesigned with an optimization of processing times. New parameters have been added to obtain a better ratio between the surface and the number of texts to be placed. A new option to orientate flat texts inside the surface and a new option to place at least one text have been also added.
- New task: Flat text on Surface processing
- New task: Curve text on Surface processing
- These two new tasks are based on the old one “Text on Surface Processing” which remains available. They contain the standard text placement parameters to avoid the creation of “text on curve placement” and “flat text placement” additional rules. The use of external text placement rules remains possible.
New task for placing text on contour lines
- This task automatically places texts (flat text or flat text on curve) on contour lines. The direction of the slope is automatically computed by retrieving the values associated with the curves.
- Options enable the modification of the curve type and the placement of texts using a modulo value (every 50 meters for example).
- New design of the interface for creating GISLink rules.
- Harmonization of the behaviour of panels for creating GIS transfers and GIS rules.
- ToolBox tasks have been modified for more user-friendliness: interweaving and masking of dependent parameters, empty or invalid requested parameters are displayed in red.
LorikPublisher / LorikGISPublisher
Vector data re-projection (LorikGISPublisher)
- This option is available only with LorikGISPublisher. It converts vector data from one georeferencing system to another one. It creates a new page which contains an overlay dataset where re-projected date are placed.
Management of text cut on extraction limits.
- Adding new functions for managing text cut on extraction limits to make the finalization of pages easier. These functions are available for the extraction datasets.
- Flat text on extraction limits can be automatically moved.
- Text on curve on extraction limits and Flat text which have not been moved are now copied and pasted in an overlay dataset for an easier handling.
- Copied and moved texts are automatically hidden in their original dataset.
Extraction north orientation
- This new function enables the re-orientation to the geographic north of an extraction inside a page. The extraction is orientated from its geographic centre.
Document model for PDF export
- You can now use extended attributes to generate a PDF document model.
Grids and indexes
- New option for grids drawing: use of the exact limit of the extraction (not the bounding rectangle).
- The drawing of a re-projected grid can now use all the drawing options (and not only crosses and tick marks).
- Adding the local numbering of grid.
- New options to generate indexes:
- Use of the coordinates of the first and the last letter of a text.
- Use the insertion point of a flat text instead of the index marker.
LorikDigital / LorikGISDigital
New vector format
- This new proprietary format enables the export of vector data for online applications. A SDK suitable for iPhone and iPad application is also available. For example, this new format enables the modification on the fly of the template, to display various layers of information, etc.